Thursday, August 6, 2009

side effects include temporary insanity


"how bad can it get?" i asked the doc before i swallowed the pills. fifteen pills. all different colors and sizes. took me two glasses of water and several minutes to get them down. i had a bad taste in my mouth. my eyes watered. my mouth was dry as cotton. as dry as if i had licked the top of a bottle of bleach. dry as burning rubber. dry as it can get from mainlining speed. that's pretty dry. i thought my tongue was gonna fall out. maybe i sucked my teeth down my throat. my brain was on fire. i could smell smoke from my body. the hairs on my arms were little firecrackers. my eyelashes melted off my face. i couldnt see my legs or feel my feet. my hands looked like a fat four-fingered cartoon character. oh yeah... and i never got an answer to my question.