Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Goodbye Is Knowing When It's Time to Go

(I had a dream that my life was strung together with a series of "goodbye's", and the faster I could say goodbye the faster I could move on to the next goodbye and each new goodbye was more powerful and more profound than the last. My life was being propelled into the future by a quest, by a demand being driven by the next intimate goodbye, a journey to acquire the newest and most sensual goodbye life could offer. Instead of goodbye's being the end of something, they were the beginning of a new adventure, new life, new possibility. I was being driven by impulses to experience life in the fullness of all its goodbyes, and to taste all the goodbye's that flowed from the river of goodbyes. In my dream, the Great Sage said the secret of happiness was knowing when it's time to go, knowing when goodbye had reached it's fulfillment and when the springtime of one's existence was coming forth in all its power to attain the ultimate goodbye of intimacy with love, with the intimacy of body, mind and conversation. "Goodbye" is not the end of relationships; it's the birth and re-birth and the destination of all goodbye's, the journey towards the invention of goodbye as the alpha and omega of pure love, tenderness, communication and everlasting togetherness, without which "goodbye" would not have it's power and the future would not give us time enough to live into the fullness of a stronger and more passionate existence.)

Goodbye cracked sidewalks and grey skies dirty feet on the cement floor rusty metal hanging from the big sleep wooden boxes cardboard boxes chinatown alleys going nowhere (Girl Digging in her Purse)

Goodbye slant eyed opium dreams pushing bags of fruit walking bookstore tired old bookstore expensive bookstore independent bookstore beat up old bookstore

Goodbye snare drum back beat pretty face beating into the drum the eyes she beats into the ground like she thought it would be she dreamed it would be like the way it would be (Man Reading)

Goodbye the old times don't change this place don't change this place stays the same it isn't the same old high not the same jazz not the same war, sex, kicks

Goodbye so sick of walking down the street I can't see straight blisters on my feet the last time to all those jazz beats the cosmic drink of goodbye little slant eyed bastard perfectly intimate camera phone (Man in Coffee Shop)

Goodbye shirt ripped open unbuttoned like real jazz always unbuttoned in front real jazz always had the shirt unbutton up front ripped above the pockets the empty pockets filled with jazz the empty pockets (Shadows Walking)

Goodbye the jazz nobody could hear the little crooked man with the brown wooden cane twisted to one side not like the others afraid of attention

Goodbye to the ones who are afraid to say slant eyed asians sickening oily goodbyes never stayed in one place long enough never stayed till the end of the day never stayed long enough to be at the end of the day

(Five People Waiting for a Bus) Goodbye the end of the day rushing it and speeding through going faster going past it so fast I lost it I kept my shirt opened so fast the speed pushed back against me too hot so I kept my shirt unbutton like jazz (Piece of Paper Against a Wall)

Goodbye free poetry free jazz free love free thinker living space free movement free images of the mind of everything yoga free beat language free listening knowing free zen buddha time of all lifetimes and all the free goodbyes

(Seen and Be Seen) Goodbye to purpose and a point I unbuttoned my shirt and said goodbye and let it go didn't stick around till the end of the day leave it behind let it go let it pass me by and go away let go the unbuttoned shirt opened up halfway down the front of my shirt the way I like to listen to jazz with my body (Hospital Visitor)

Goodbye ceilings, street corners, streets down the block on my body stretched in all directions at once people take their pictures but I take photos of myself beautiful motion beautiful movement beautiful body next to the bed

(View from a Window) Goodbye self-serving idolatry self-interest great motivation enthusiasm, a time for goodbye knowing when to say goodbye knowing when it's time to go when there's no purpose to say goodbye

Goodbye didn't talk to each other they're just together sit together at a table and they don't talk they listen are you coming back? he asks no, she says and shakes her head and walks away goodbye (Girl on Steps)

Goodbye the spontaneous waiting for someone who is wise enough someone old enough who knows enough to know when to say goodbye the final goodbye at the last goodbye I've seen it all and watched it all with my shirt unbuttoned to see the hairs on my chest (Iron Bars)

Goodbye to the hairs on my chest to the purpose of what it means all that I am now all that I'm not and I'll never be so lost in kerouac alley which is ugly has nothing to do with kerouac's jazz music that was but isn't belongs to the goodbye time

Goodbye coltrane soprano blowing hard walking hard chinatown cleaning up all that dirt swept up clean goodbye 1965 the sick feeling cleaned up from the others swept away all the others

Goodbye sweet faces and the red river blues not knowing when time is when this was gone not knowing when the bar was cleaned In 1965 did it smell like this